1) Leroy has had better moments. We were playing fetch the other day when I threw a ball over a steep hill and he ran full speed (for him about 30mph) and ate it at the bottom. The asphalt that is. He took the crash like a champ, but sustained a busted up chin and chest (from what I could initially assess). A couple days later he started to smell bad and was shedding like crazy (par for the course for him). So I decided to wash him. Followed by a half hour of vigorous brushing. Well...he smelled better and musta lost 10 lbs of hair, as the drain clogged and flooded the bathroom. But the next day I noticed a few oddly placed areas of...oooze? Puss? What was it? It smelt awful and he was gnawing at a spot near his hip. I monitored it for a day or so but when a large spot on the top of his head appeared I decided to take him to the vet for an emergency visit. Looooooong, agonizing story later he's presently a conehead with spots shaved off his body. He's on antibiotics and I apply a topical ointment twice daily. He looks so sad. He could be the cover boy for those pound dog commercials. It may sound cute to see him in such a funny look, but I actually cried a little bit I was so upset. It's been a very intense few days for us with his visit, injuries, cleaning, shedding, scabbing, etc. Here's hoping he heals quickly.
2) To compound my rough week, I woke up the morning after Yasso 800's with a sharp pain in the bottom of my left foot. Oh sidenote: also got a ticket a few days ago for running a stopsign - Fuck cops. It's right below my middle toe and it hurts when I put pressure on it (walk). Pretty sure it's from the speed work (which was unusually difficult for me that day anyway). I spent yesterday mostly off of it but decided at night to go for a swim because I got antsy. Second swim in 2.5 months. Win! It's in an awful spot because it's where you push off the wall when you turn and where you press down when you cycle. So...hopefully it heals quickly as I never take more than one day off...and even that is infrequent. Aside from that training is going swimmingly so to speak.
3) At work, I'm currently engulfed in the project from hell. I'm in charge of editing a 114 page manual that is about as alluring as a date with Snooki. It's pure misery....but I'm slogging through it. Verrrry slowly.
4) Finally getting around to purchasing airfare for my trip to Espana in March. I'm really excited. Hope to blog more about it and am open to ideas. I'm staying in Malaga and plan on taking a day trip to Seville, and Gibraltar, and Tanger, Morrocco. Stoooooked.
5) School starts next week. Only 2 classes away from my Master's. Well, and a thesis, but who's counting?
6) I may have found my first triathlon bike. I'm meeting a local triathlete dude who is upgrading and selling me his scraps. But in all honesty, the bike looks like a great deal. On Sunday I'm meeting with my fitter to see if itt'l work for me. It's $3,000 so hemorrhaging money has become an artform I've perfected. It comes with some nice wheels and it's fairly light given its size. And my biking has never been stronger than at the moment. The guy is a strong rider and has the gears at a high ratio. Hopefully I can keep it like that and shave a couple minutes off my 40k time. I think I can. I know I can.
7) Looks like I'm moving from my new pad in Shirlington to a new pad in Ballston. Hoping to save some dinero and I'll be sharing the place with a special someone. More to tell once/if I get approved but spent a lot of time researching and driving around trying to find the right spot. If all goes as planned, I can move in as soon as March 1st. No one has lived in the unit ever (it's a new building) and the amenities are excellent.